Your skin plays a vital role in protecting your body and it is important to take care of it. Here are a few tips to prevent acne:
- Wash your face twice daily. Use a gentle cleanser to remove dead skin cells and excess oil. Your pharmacist can recommend products that are best for your skin type.
- Moisturize. Many acne products contain ingredients that cause dryness, so it’s important to moisturize. Be sure to select a moisturizer that’s noncomedogenic.
- Try an over the counter acne product. These products can help kill bacteria and prevent acne from forming. Discuss which options would be best for you with your pharmacist.
- Avoid makeup. Covering up a breakout with makeup can make it worse. If you do wear makeup, choose oil-free and noncomedogenic products and wash it off at the end of the day.
- Keep your hair clean. Wash your hair frequently with gentle shampoos and avoid using fragrances, oils, pomades or gels. Products or oil from your hair can block your skins pores and cause irritation.
If you are unsure of what products to use or are looking for more skin care tips, ask your pharmacist today.